Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunshine

I woke up with songs in my head. Initially it was Estelle's This American Boy.
But that was superseded by the song from my dancing all night at illegal parties in SOMA warehouses - that would be before the stadium was built and the 'hood got gentrified and started to be called South. But this song, I can recall the refrain, and have no idea as to the name or artist. "Sunshine on a cloudy day... makes my soul" and then the lyrics get blurry - something about lift up and fly away - not sure and I have no glo-sticks to jar my memory.
It isn't the Temptations or Otis. Its acid jazz with a female vocalist. No one I am still in touch with from that scene remembers the song and I can't find anything on the web. It isn't this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOTIb0KsbAg either.
So, I'm going to get that out of my head and play my other favorite from that time in my life, Future Sound of London's Papa New Guinea - a song that never fails to take me to a happy place.

No comments: