Monday, January 14, 2008

Microsoft Now Offers Data Protection

I should preference this with a note that I almost lost 3 hours worth of work due to excel crashing. Microsoft products cause me daily frustration. They crash, they don't perform as I would expect them to and I think most people have had similar experiences. Instead of finding innovative ways to charge for their products, I wish they would spend more time fixing them.

And then I see them competing with my company in the security market. And I don't get it. Their products are the weakest link and the main target for phishers, hackers and key loggers. Yet they are now pushing a new security offering.

It seems so strange. Why would anyone think that they could make a good security product? Hackers find holes in their products before Microsoft can figure them out. Why would their security products be any different? Billions are spent annually trying to protect data that is served on MS - and we're supposed to believe that they are now offering a product that can do that?

I'm going back to recovering my data.

No comments: