Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blog Heaven... Travel Log, Pre-Trip Preparation

Travel Log... nothing too deep here!
Marc and I are heading out on my first road trip since leaving Los Angeles & married life. I'm SO totally excited!! We're leaving in a few hours, driving out to 99 and south. Making a left to go over to Visalia - I think Duncan's friend Charles was from Visalia, always heard of it, never thought I'd pass though it. We're staying at Three Rivers tonight and then tomorrow we head into Sequoia National Park.

It has been ages since I've been to the mountains. I miss it so. Michael and I had such wonderful road trips. Speaking of Michael, I finally ran into him. Quite a pedestrian encounter, but shocking all the same. I have to admit, I do check his blog occasionally - the voyeur that I am. He seems to be doing well and that is good to see.

So, today we're off. Giant Sequoias today, then tomorrow King's Canyon. Then two days in Yosemite. I've got to do a little research and figure out some 3-5 miles hikes with views for us to do the next few days. More than anything, I'm looking forward to seeing the lovely landscape that is California. I want to see the hills and the views.

Next summer I hope to climb Half Dome. Marc is game. He's also game to join me on that marathon quest I have - how amazing is that? I think I found a keeper, and so quickly - another truly amazing thing. It's like I'm living under a rain cloud of blessings- but then, it could be in my outlook. I recently read an article about luck. How people see themselves as lucky see most of life as blessings. They look at what is and pluck out the good. Where as those who see themselves as unlucky are more focused, searching for what they want and often do not see it, or any other good thing as it doesn't fall into their myopic focus.

No comments: