Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tsunami Status

I think I want to start a new doggie owner support group, as I need to know that I'm not alone with the excessive doggie worries.
Tsunami is fine after the chocolate incident, except that she started this odd eating-wheezing thing. Sunday afternoon I had gone to my friend's house for dinner and it was a wee embarrassing. My friend does know about dogs - he has 2 boxers, yet when it came to doggie feeding hour and Tsunami starts to sound like she's dying, I have to say I was a little uncomfortable. Again, she seemed fine... except for this snort/wheeze noise. Such a small dog can make a big noise. I ignored it and hoped it would go away.
Unfortunately it didn't.
Monday morning I feed the doggie and the wheezing is worse. She kept having to stop eating to do the wheezing thing. Tears are coming to my eyes... I call the vet. She finishes her meal, comes over for some love (I am so well trained, she should be giving me the treats!) and then curls up in the doggie bed under my desk.
I take her to the vet only to learn that the wheezing is totally fine. When doggies toss their cookies, or as Sal cleverly noted, "Tsunami tossing her cookies is called a cyclone." Thank you Sal - when are you going to write that clever book? - digression!
Dogs can inflame their soft palette when they get ill and that was what happened to Tsuanmi. Nothing to be done, she's fine, she'll heal. Nearly $70 to learn that (and to get some heart worm medication for the pup).
Can I be a hypocondriac on my dog's behalf?

No comments: