Thursday, September 25, 2008

In Defense of Brains

So, I hear people calling Obama an Elitist. And I can't get it. Doesn't Elite mean, Highest Caliber? The Top Quality? Why is that a bad thing?
I want the best and the brightest running the government. I want thoughtful, knowledgeable and intelligent people running the government. I don't want those whose top quality is loyalty running the government.
It is clear that the McCain crew has no intention of changing the Bush ways. Palin wasn't even able to finish school in a normal amount of time. What is her track record? Raising local taxes. Getting HUGE earmarks for her small town. Doing her best to restrict access to information.
Now, if one has a choice, wouldn't he/she want to go to the best doctor? Wouldn't one take their car to the most capable mechanic? Why would it be OK for the government to be different?
I am in favor of the elite. I'm in favor of the smart running the government. I'm in favor of those with education finding solutions to the credit crisis. I not in favor of CEO's in charge of energy companies writing our energy policy to line their pockets. I'm not in favor of Bank Presidents getting billion dollar bail outs to solve the crisis they created.

No comments: