Thursday, March 30, 2006

Poem from a Friend

My cool friend sent me a poem. I like it. I hope he's OK with me posting it.
It made me happy.


here it is another wednesday
night the wine is sweet
my skin feels tight
and fingers tapping on
the keys create a rhythm
all life's a rhythm
feel it in your heartbeat
it's alive

thinking of your pearly
skin makes my quickened pulse
begin I know you're gone and
I'm gone too but
we're immortal in our minds
it's in your mind
feel it think it say it
it's alive

roll those dice, the outcome's twice
as unexpected when you see it
for the first time

almost through, this note to you
on the eve of revelation
feels divine

steppin' off that eastbound
plane I can imagine once
again this downward spiral's
been completed
and another one commences
I'll take my chances
my heart getting stonger
it's alive

No comments: