Sunday, January 25, 2009

Settling In

This weekend I moved. It was a week long process... starting with last weekend having Marci & Aaron go on a long trip to Mom's to get my desk and some boxes that had been there for the last two years. I was happily reunited with my photo album collection (there wasn't space in the loft for them). I enjoyed looking through them and equally happy to stow them again.

This weekend I got the rest of my things from Ruthie's as well as a long day yesterday where I got my things from Greg's. Amazing how it all played out - I got things and just focused on getting our new home in shape so much that, by 10 PM I thought the activities of the morning had occurred the day before.

Today we had the annual winter brunch with Dwight, Carolyn, Julie, Warren, Beth & Mom. As usual, Dim Sum was on the menu, then they all came back to see my new home. Marc was a total champ. He was charming at brunch, enjoying himself with the company even after we did 3 solid hours of prep work before dashing from the house to return the U-haul before heading to Walnut Creek for lunch. Tin's Tea Lounge is definitely worth a return visit.

The house appears to have gotten a thumbs up. The dogs are all settled in. The towels put away. The mirror hung. We still need another set of book shelves, but the console table in the middle looks great with my maternal photo series on top. My mom brought me photos of me as a baby.

I'm exhausted, ready for a pre-bed bath. Even after 1 day, this house feels more like my home than any since I lived on 34th Avenue.

No comments: