Thursday, October 09, 2008

Tsui Love

I got my first real doggie scare yesterday. I took Tsunami for her monthly grooming visit. She doesn't much care for grooming. Despite that, I insist that a professional clean her ears, file down her nails and giver her a monthly clean-up & wash.

However, things took a bad turn yesterday. Tsunami escaped. She wriggled free of the groomers arms just as a visitor was coming into the store. The open door allowed my wee-one to flee down the Embarcadero. She knows the 'hood, as we walk there all the time. The groomer chased her, but I think all that walking I've done with Tsui has only served to make her quick & elusive.

A nice guy with a bike had her briefly, but she wiggled free again and went on a homeward direction up the embarcadero. Up near the Waterbar two woderful women were able to corner her and take her home. I have no idea how/who they called the groomer... I think the guy on the bike realized what was happening and suggested who to call. But the called the groomer who went over with a photo and saw that my sweet Tsunami was there & safe.

Greg drove me over to get her and I brought her home safe and sound. Wow, dog ownership is exhausting. With all that, I have millions & millions of thank yous for the strangers who stopped in the day to rescue my dog. And a big thank you to the groomer for being so pro-active about signage and getting my dog back.

No comments: