Friday, October 03, 2008

Debates Discussed

I very much enjoyed watching last night's debate. I wonder how many tuned in expecting Tina Fey to be up there talking to Biden.

I didn't know much about Biden and was very impressed with his answers. They addressed the questions, they were complete and I felt like he could have talked more on several subjects. He was calm and intelligent.

As for Palin, she kept repeating the same things. I really wanted Biden to say, "You know, Governor Palin, just because you keep calling McCain a Mavrick doesn't make him one." She wasn't remarkably stupid - but is that the backhanded compliment we want said about our nation's #2 leader? She blatantly disregarded the questions asked of her several times to return to the subject she had clearly felt more comfortable with - how much information can she cram study in 2 weeks? I did get the impression that she was like a high school senior who parties until Finals week and then gets stuck trying to learn everything before the big test.

On another thing, I was shocked that she could juxtapose our need to improve our infrastructure with the cut taxes slogan. How are we going to spend more money with tax cuts? I just don't get it. Fiscal responsibility - the Republican Party has lost that completely.

I hope we get a good set of montages and SNL skits in the coming days.

No comments: