Monday, July 21, 2008

When I turn 80, I will be just hitting my stride

When I turn 80, I will be just hitting my stride. There will be no rocker for me.

I will be taking the kids of the country to the city and the city kids to the country.
I will have lobbied for legislation whereby for each hour a youth spends with a video game, they will be required to spend 2 in creative or athletic pursuits. I'll be monitoring the ballet classes, the sports games, reviewing the drawings, helping stage the plays that get written and finding rhymes for their poems.
I will be learning about the old and discovering the new.
I will be writing a book for the old fashioned and recording my dreams with the new technologies for the next generation.
With 50 years of yoga under my belt, my nose will finally reach my toes.
I will be teaching lessons in how to dream, big, better, brighter.
I will assure that the girl athletes know that their games are worthy of epic poems.
I will be finding new uses for lavender.
I will see the sunrise for what seems like the first time.
I will take time each day to enjoy my 5 senses.
I will invent new religions, and then become a heretic.
I will find all four corners of the world and marvel at how none of them are 90 degree angles.
I will be asking questions.
I will be spending long hours on projects.
I will be actively participating, enjoying and living.

No comments: