Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sick

So my plans got thrown into a tailspin. I got sick with an infection on Monday. I started the Cipro I had from my China trip and just spent the day in bed. Had some quite time reading a wonderful book that Greg gave me and reflecting on my life.

But then used all my strength to get down to my mother's house that night to pack up for my trip. I got to bed at a reasonable hour (midnight) and then was up at 5 am to get to the airport to sit wait for a stand-by place to be available to me. As the hours and flights passed me by I got more and more tired. But I met a nice guy, Lee-John who helped pass the time. We both gave up on getting out of SF and he called a friend who took us up to The City. I spent the night there, getting to bed, again at the early hour of midnight and again, awoke at 5 to get to the airport. Through all this I've been dealing with the run-down feeling of the infection and the digestive problems of the Cipro.

So this morning I got woozy in the airport. Called mom and she came and got me. Nothing like having to call a parent for help at the lovely age of 31. But my car is at her house and I needed a quiet place to be for a few days. I came here and just passed out.

Had some time to reflect on things and realized that Europe is not in the cards for me right now. However, I do not want to hang out in SF for the month of July - so I'm planning my Boston, Cape Cod, NYC/CT, maybe DC and definitely St. Paul family tour for the month. So far so good... If I can nail a flight out for next week before I crash again.

There is such serenity to be had at my mother's house in the woods. And I've got the China photos, but now I've got to find a way to get them posted up online. Give me a day or two. That said, my first priority is getting healthy.

No comments: