Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Miss Wiggle - my new nickname!

My buddy in Bristol (http://bristolgirl.blogspot.com/) just gave me the nickname Miss Wiggle. While she contends it is a stripper name, I prefer to think that it is more about me wiggling all over the map. Oh, maybe that sounds a bit explicit. hmm.

On to more of the travel log...
Friday I slipped off to spend a night with the LOVELY Medlands. We had fun being 100% white: We danced around the house listening to Milkshake, boogying with over-bites and a total lack of rhythm. Any black observer would have shaken their head in disgust at us. But it was fun.

Saturday was a trip off to Palm Springs. I worked - hard mind you! - on my tan. Yes, I know it will look strange for a redhead to have a tan, but whatever. And we went to The Trinity Club for drinks. Ron, our host had a ball with my requests: Come Fly with me, Fly me to the moon and then he almost fell off his chair when I cried out, "Teach me Tonight". I was the youngest person in the club, mind you.

Sunday I took the long way down to San Diego via Cleveland National Forest, Anza, Warner Springs and Cuyamaca. Stopped at the neatest little place: http://www.shadowmountainvineyards.com/ and got myself some wine... which then I comically had to keep cool until I got home at 10 last night.

My cousins were visiting San Diego, David and Nathan. David ran the marathon while Nathan alternated between cheering him on and scouting out the girls. He even tried to pick up some Navy boys for me - knowing that I once had a thing for them, back when I was young and swinging in San Francisco.

Sunday night I had a super yummy dinner made for me by my friend Sal. Bruschetta to start, then a sausage pasta and Chicken with a wine and mushroom sauce. Dessert was limoncello and lemon sorbet with fresh mint. I think I gained 10 pounds.

Monday had time with Nathan and Polly, my grandmother. I just LOVE having such a fantastic family. Nathan is really one of the funniest people I can be around. And Polly has such history. At the same time, she's losing her hearing and so Nathan and I occasionally would get dirty or inappropriate jokes past her by speaking softly and quickly. I think she had to take out her hearing aids due to my incessant giggles. We got in a swim and a game of scrabble. I cannot believe I lost to my grandmother by 1 point!

Monday night included dinner and drinks with friend and mentor, Lee. Down at the Pilsner Room in some identity-free Orange County city.

My life is full of Chaos. I'm moving, I'm divorcing, I'm traveling, I have no home... and yet that all doesn't matter or get me down because I have so many smart, funny and caring people that love me. I am blessed.

But now I've got to cease with the blessing counts and run errands.

1 comment:

Cici said...

Miss Wiggle is SO a stripper name. But more like a burlesque dancer than Amber Starz at Spearmint Rhino.