Wednesday, April 09, 2008

One win for the Protesters

After 25 minutes of waiting amid a sea of protesters and packs of police, I have abandoned my effort to see the torch. What a bummer. The protesters just seemed to be buzzing about going from one potential ado to another with no order.

The whole thing made me sad. I think that pictures of the torch with protesters in the background would have made a clear statement. Instead, they filled the street and marched or milled about aimlessly - no photo ops as there was no torch. Today likely my only chance to see the torch in real life. Now it is gone.

SFgate.com reports that my section of the torch route has been abandoned and left to the protesters. I got some pictures, but they don't capture the scene well.

Back to work. My lunch break is over

No comments: