Monday, February 26, 2007

Other news

Reports on other fronts...

Friday I finally got to the Social Security office. I think I nearly confused the poor bureaucrat by providing examples of ID in my (formerly) married and maiden name forms. But I got things sorted out and I'll be back to DeLano before long. This is the longest process - although I'm getting off easy. I have friends who have dealt with 3 or 4 year long divorces and then the hangover for another few years.

On other notes, Greg and I had a great time on Oahu for President's Day. We were in Waikiki on the 18th floor of a hotel with a sunset view that was simply blinding. We went body surfing on the North side of the Island with the best, slow and strong waves. A sea turtle came by to keep us company - not that we were lonely with our 100 closest friends there. The food was much better than both Maui and Kauai - but there were many more crowds. I'd go back.

The cold rain here makes me miss the tropics even more.

No comments: