Sunday, March 11, 2007

Virgin Disaster

So Greg and I have booked tickets to go to London in April. We decided to try Virgin Atlantic due to their great reputation. Now, we realized, after booking the tickets, that we couldn't to the trip when we had originally thought. So, we do what rational people do, we called the airlines and attempted to change the tickets.

I should note that I'm typing this blog entry with the phone cradled against my ear. We're on our 3rd phone call to Virgin. Initially we called to change the ticket from a $750 round trip to a $550 round trip. We thought we'd be able to cover the change fee with the drop in ticket price. How shocked were we to find out that if we changed tickets, that we didn't get credit for taking a cheaper flight. No, we lose the difference between the flights and still have to pay the change fee - putting me out $1,000. If we were to switch to more expensive tickets, then we have to pay the difference.

Just hung up after spending 30 minutes on hold and not being put through to a manager. While waiting, I found a better flight and they then tell me, after 30 minutes on hold, that I can't change to the webfare. Their answers change every 5 minute and there doesn't seem to be anyone responsible. Amazing.

Such a nightmare and I still don't have tickets booked again. At least I know that I'm wasting their resources as well as my own.

No comments: