Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Plague Never Ends

I've had a cold for 12 days now. My abs will soon be rock hard from all the coughing I've done. My nose is raw from being rubbed and blown. When will it end? I don't feel better knowing that others have had the same thing - this 2 week cold. The cough medicine isn't doing that much.

All that and I'm still at work. I just love my new job. The work, the people, the product. All very, very good. I'm not making all the calls I should as my voice cracks and fades at odd times, but I am doing administrative and organizing work that will make the coming months easier. I had it almost right at my last two jobs... at one I liked the work, but not the employer, at the other I liked the employer, but not the work. Now I've finally got it all lined up.

On another note - I got a good laugh listening to "As It Happens" yesterday. (I believe it was, but am not sure which hostess) Barbara Budd was interviewing Wisconsin Congressman Frank Lasee about his proposal to put guns in schools. You see, he thinks that we've had enough school shootings and the best way to stop this is by putting guns in schools. His aim is to put fear into those suicidal gun men. Amazing. As if the wackos that hole themselves up in schools are going to stop and say, "You know, that school is armed, I want to be sure that I'm the one who kills both me and other students... not that teacher. Better rethink this." Crazy.

No comments: