Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Outrage of the day

Now, I realize I should be writing an update on my life, but I can't help myself to posting this link:
Forbes Career and Marriage advice

Is this really Forbes or Playboy from the 1950's?
I can't wait for next week's issue where they give "career girls" advice on who they should be marrying. I can see the headline: C-level spouses secure your happiness, you'll be middling with a middle manager, why to aim high when looking for a mate.

What also amazes me is the tone. You refers to the assumed male professional while She indicates the wife-accessory. Is this Men's Health magazine? Do no women read Forbes? Maybe they don't, I don't know their target demographic. However, I know how I'll be classifying their magazine from here on out.

I'm simply amazed.

No comments: