Friday, April 07, 2006

Updates and Posting

Sorry for the vanishing act. We went live on the new software product. No problems. Smooth as silk. Like butter. Shooting fish in a barrel... You get the picture.

I was stationed at El Monte this week. Which was a bit farther of a drive. They have a great staff there, really nice women. One of the lower volume clinics, however the staff adjusts and the days are long. I very much admire the staff's interest in learning the new computer system, even when they are very, very week on computers. I taught them all CTRL+C to cut and CTRL+V to paste. They were thrilled. My most trying moment came yesterday, I instructed the nice woman to press enter. She presses the Tab key. I say, "Press Enter". She presses the tab key again. I had to physically indicate to which key I was referring. hmm.

Back at Central today. I've got 3.5 days of work left, but who is counting? Andre is coming out for lunch with me and my poetry writing buddy sent me this:

Lock up the desk it's
Closing time
Hand in your passkey
Change all the passwords
Throw out the papers
The memos the crosswords
Half-solved while
Waiting on the phone
Shut down the systems
Pull all the plugs
Flip over the "in" stack
And tonight when you get home
It's time for tonic
With a twist of lime
It's closing time
No reason to ever look back.

If only everything were that easy! But I got 2 guide books for China that I will try to review today: Fodor's China and Loney Planet. Also got two William Gibson novels. See, Amazon.com has that gold box thing and it knows I'm a sucker for cheap versions of books by authors I enjoy. I think they will be good evening companions for my road trip.

No comments: