Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Moving and Shaking

It is my last day here and I'm counting the minutes. Who doesn't when all is done. I've got the 1:30 pm exit interview and I think that might be it. Was waiting to see if the department guys might want to do lunch, but I'm not hearing any noise on that front.

Between here and the initial departure date I've got a totally packed schedule. Got the teeth cleaned this morning, will get the health check-ups Monday and Tuesday. Will need to get the Visa in line for China as well as paperwork to become a free woman again. Seems daunting... But I do have some treats, like getting my hair done (and nails - I'm dying for a mani-pedi) and a trip to Miss Kitty's in the coming days. I hope to get in a bike ride to Santa Monica or possibly a quick trip out to Palm Springs. We'll see.

Closing this chapter is hard. My dentist's office overlooks my former apartment. Needless to say I was a bit sad at seeing my old stomping grounds. Growing up in the shadow of San Francisco I was raised to believe that Los Angeles was evil, especially the Dodgers. But having had time here, it wasn't easy or perfect, but I can see good in this city. I guess even Satan has a good side?

More later, got to work on changing my primary domain to reflect the return to my clan name.

No comments: