Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Furry Hearts

I brought little Tsunami on my first date with Marc. It helped that he was cooking me dinner and that Chez Marc allowed four legged friends in the restaurant. His two boxers were a bit wary of little Tsui , then again they still are(very funny, as the boxers weigh 10x Tsui and she can push Austin off his food). I'm not sure if it is a breed thing or if we doggie parents haven't quite gotten past the "step-siblings" phase.

Marc's dogs, Zoe & Austin, are beautiful, elegant boxers. They have big mugs that are often wet & slimy. So far they've covered me is drool, hair and scratches - Austin needs to keep his toes trimmer. Zoe speaks like Chewbacca when she wants attention. Austin growls when he's being over cuddled. Marc and his exwife got Zoe first and then Austin 2 years later. The pooches grew up together. They have a tight bond that has yet to extend to Tsunami.

When Marc and I first started dating, I knew I wanted the doggie love. I have special doggie love from Brendan's dog Maggie. Last time I visited, she got so excited that she peed on the floor THREE times! Not that I want the boxers wetting themselves when they see me, mind you, but I do want some acknowledgement that I'm a little special to them. This morning I feel like I got it a bit.

As usual, I got out of bed bright & early. Tsunami was doing her small doggie jig - the happy bounce-run-walk-spin that I was awake. Zoe and Austin got up with me this morning. They came downstairs with me and stayed. Usually they return to be back near the sleeping Marc. However this morning, even after they realized I wasn't going to feed them, they stayed with me. They are now dozing about the den where I'm working. They both approached me for love - which I didn't really expect them to do. Austin is arms' length away - I think I'm making the most headway with him.

I will keep feeding, walking & loving them. I know I'll totally win them over. It only took the cat 2 weeks... she already is coming to me for love and hissing at Marc's ex. Can't say that made me sad.

No comments: