Monday, November 05, 2007

Trips and Adventures

So I'm a touch behind on this...
But I just took Greg to Maui for his birthday... and I was thinking much of the time of posting describing the trip. I'll be working on putting it into words soon.

To summarize - We left the morning of 11/1. We got in and immediately headed to Cafe Mambo to enjoy their Kahlua Duck Fajitas. We jumped into the ocean at the beach with the youth center and then headed to the Northwest corner of the island to our condo (rented, not owned) in Kapalua Bay Villas. Dinner at Sansei - very yummy sushi.

Day 2 was spent at the beach - somehow we got there before 10 AM. Had a terrible breakfast at the Westin. As we were eating there at their Ono restaurant we noticed that the local birds - the ones hustling for under-table-crumbs, were all a touch on the heavy side. Not a good sign. That and the waiter didn't quite catch my attempt to order 2 omelets with 3 things in each -instead producing 1 omelet with 6 ingredients. I was ordering - usually Greg's responsibility - I've been officially relieved of future ordering attempts. We spent the afternoon at the beach and burnt ourselves to a crisp. Back to Sansei for dinner.

The next day, we were worried about what to do... however got ourselves rash guards, masks and snorkels. We drove back to the beach and parked in the shade. Thankfully it was a touch overcast, so we weren't as likely to burn. We tried out the snorkels and immediately saw sea turtles and a variety of fishes. Greg saw an eel - but I had to get out, as I was wheezing. My hypochondria was flaring up, and I had self-diagnosised bronchitis... thankfully it cured itself by yesterday morning. We met up with a former co-worker and her daughters for dinner. Such a lovely time.

Yesterday we got in some more snorkeling in the morning. Our favorite beach was flat as a pancake, so we decided it would be good to head around the island to Paia where we've always had more luck with waves. Our goal was to get in some body surfing prior to lift-off. But fate was not with us. The waves near Paia were crazy - choppy & not so good for surfing. Then it started raining... while it did make leaving the island easier, it didn't help with our trying to get in some swimming time.

Our flight home was late, we didn't sleep much and I'm here at the office. My hair still has ocean salt in it (showered, but didn't have time for hair washing - so I have a salty french twist)... anyway, I'm so exhausted I feel drunk.

More exciting writing to come.

No comments: