Thursday, September 20, 2007

Puppy calling

Not too long ago, I was escaping the heat of Palm Springs by browsing in a giant book store. I was browsing the pet section and pulled out a large tome on dogs. I looked up the Toy Breeds, as I prefer small dogs. It took some time to explain why toy dogs exist: for the comfort and amusement of their owners.

That struck me as funny. The next time I was visiting my friends with the four pugs, I took time to try to explain to the pugs that their entire existence was about my happiness. The information didn't take. I got more reaction when I said the word, Cheese.

Recently I've been hearing the puppy howl. I'd like a little guy. A King James Spaniel, Yorkshire Terrier or something small and loving. Greg has a thing for mini-daschounds. I'm not as familiar with that breed, but we found some cute ones online. It looks like you have to order them from a breeder... put your money down on litter around conception time.

Since I want the dog and Greg has to be coaxed into it, I suspect we'll have a mini-daschound. Which is fine... but then another thing popped up. He's not keen on us getting a puppy until one of us - specifically me - is home full time to tend & train the wee-one.

Now this job seems eternal... My company got bought by a computer giant this year, so many of us here are waiting for the pink slips. This company already has a sales force and we haven't heard any talk of integration, which is suspicious.

We'll see, I want to get a puppy before Greg can find another reason for me not to have it.

No comments: