Thursday, November 09, 2006

Change or no Change

With today's decision that Webb won in Virginia, the Congress is officially back in Democratic hands. Not a moment too soon, I think. The current party, supposedly of small government has not found a spending bill or tax cut they didn't like. Which is quite a pairing, until remembers that we're paying with our grandkid's money.

While I find this cause for celebration, I've come into some resistance from my favorite male friend. His take is that it doesn't really matter which party is in power, that the effects are the same. Such a frustrating view - I can see the point, yet it makes me blue. At least we have Nancy Pelosi running the House. The first woman in that position. It warms my heart that I'm represented in Congress by women and women only.

On another bright note, I got my replacement iPod. Now with 80GB. Got a little something etched on it. Now I just need to recover all the music I lost on the last one. That will take a while. But bopping around the Jetta is more fun. Greg gets embarrassed, as I am a big fan of chair dancing. He's undecided on which he wants me to attend first: hip hop dance classes, massage school or cooking school. Which would you choose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god - no contest. Hip Hop Dance!