Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ode to Jesse

Personal Vegan Chef Jesse Minor pinged me after getting a Google Alert that someone had used his name. He's off cooking for a yuppie dinner party tonight - here's the menu we're all missing out on:

Salad Course:
- Mixed Greens, Shaved Fennel and Roasted Beet Salad with Toasted
Pistachio Nuts and Orange Vinaigrette

Entree Course:
- Maple Dijon Tempeh
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Israeli Couscous
- Roasted Asparagus

Dessert Course:
- Creamy Chocolate Mint Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust and Raspberry Sauce

I remember Tempeh Skewers at Smith that looked like bologna that had been placed in the mud and run over by the Federales when their jeep caravan passed by.
So, after a bit of mocking the Tempeh , Jesse helped me understand that they are, " fermented soy beans that are pressed into a cake". Or fermented soy beans that happened to be in the same mud puddle that got pressed into a cake by the passing jeeps.

That aside, I also learned that Jesse The Vegan Personal Chef, does most of his cooking for non-vegans. There are many other young professionals with the urge to eat more healthier, meet their RDA of 5 veggie servings per day and lack the time to adequately prepare and cook. I can relate. Maybe I should add "making school lunches" to my Not To Do List.

No comments: