Friday, July 07, 2006

Cape Cod

Time is blurring... Between the 4th and a red-eye flight on the 5th I'm not sure where or when it is. Actually it isn't that bad. I got in to Boston yesterday at 5:30 AM and am already adjusted to East Coast time.

After all the problems getting to Europe, I grabbed a jetBlue ticket to Boston. What a good decision. I made it here for a perfect summer day. My aunt and uncle have a house in Falmouth, MA - on the bottom elbow of Cape Cod. My cousin Nathan was here yesterday and we went over to Martha's Vineyard. The weather is such a contrast from San Francisco.

I spent the 4th of July shivering on Greg's roof viewing the tops of the fireworks in boots, jeans, a shirt, wool sweater and down jacket. I should count my blessings as we had a clear night and we could see the explosions not just colored fog. However, the knowledge that the rest of the country is enjoying the show in shorts and t-shirts makes me feel even colder.

Today Nathan and I ran around Main Street, this place is almost to picturesque to bear and then took a dip in the ocean. I'm hoping that the water reflects those pesky sun rays - as I'm not sure I want yet another sun burn. This not working and visiting friends/family in good locations is really working out for me.

But all that good does not go unpunished. I saw that the New York legislature stuck down an attempt to legalize gay marriage. What is so wrong with equal rights? Now, I realize the verdict was that gay marriage was neither allowed nor banned by their constitution - which does have an upside. But I really believe that when I'm in my rocking chair, that I'll be trying to explain to my great-grandchildren how there was such bias back in the early century.

Well, I'll have to get involved once I get back to San Francisco life.

Oh, and I finally had time to get the China photos up online. Drop me a line if you want the link.

No comments: